Simple thick crust pizza dough. How To Make Thin Crust Pizza. This crust has a nice bit of crunch, but it's pliable enough to fold in half if required. The mild wheat flavor is a nice backdrop to I never knew a simple pizza dough could be so versatile, but this one truly is.
Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Be it thick or thin, a good crust starts with a slow-rising dough. You can cook Simple thick crust pizza dough using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple thick crust pizza dough
- Prepare 17 1/2 oz of AP flour.
- It's 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- It's 1 packet (7 g) of instant yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 12 1/4 oz of water.
Plan ahead by mixing dough in the morning and letting it rise, refrigerated, all day long. Thin Crust Pizza Dough is a bit different from Regular Pizza Dough. What makes this thin crust pizza dough recipe easy? In a sentence: You don't need to stretch the dough.
Simple thick crust pizza dough step by step
- Combine flour, salt, yeast, and olive oil and whisk to combine..
- Whisk in the water..
- With a wooden spoon, mix well for about 3 minutes. The dough should be very gooey..
- Cover dough in plastic wrap and set aside for at least 6 hours, but as long as 15 hours is fine, supposedly..
- Preheat the oven to 550F..
- Grease up a baking pan with olive oil. I used a 10" x 14" tray..
- Slide the dough into the pan. Use a greased spoon or spatula to stretch the dough to cover the pan. Try not to push out too much of the gas that's been trapped in the dough..
- Top however you like, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden toasty brown..
Stretching pizza dough isn't hard, but Sonja and Alex Overhiser are writer and photographer behind A Couple Cooks and authors of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian. Thick Crust Pizza Dough, Easy Two Crust Pizza, Double Crusted Pizza From Southern Italy, etc. This simple pizza crust is chewy and soft, with a crispy exterior.. Mix warm water and sugar together in a bowl; add yeast. My family love this pizza crust, and this is our go-to recipe.