Sourdough pizza dough. This was one of the better pizza crusts I have tried at home. The sourdough in this is used more for flavor than the rise. Master the art of making sourdough pizza dough using our comprehensive guide, complete with instructions of how to cook awesome pizza in your Ooni pizza oven!
A wet sourdough works amazing with pizza, especially if it's retarted at least one night. Mix starter, flour, olive oil, and salt together in a bowl until mixture forms a ball. This easy crust rivals anything you've ever tasted! You can have Sourdough pizza dough using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough pizza dough
- It's 75 grams of sourdough.
- Prepare 250 grams of warm water.
- Prepare 325 grams of bread flour.
- You need 8 grams of salt.
- Prepare of olive oil.
While making pizza crust with sourdough starter might take a little extra care, it's worth your time. The sourdough brings a robust tanginess to the dough, which pairs well with a host of toppings. The Sourdough Surprises project this month was pizza, so I took the opportunity to make a sourdough version of the dough. sourdough Neapolitan-style pizza heading into the oven. This lets the dough relax, so forming the pizza is easier.
Sourdough pizza dough step by step
- Yields 2 30cm pizzas.
- Refresh your sourdough with 150 grams of warm water and 150 grams of bread flour, mix thoroughly Lett rest for 12 hours.
- After the dough has rest for 12 hours at the remaining water and mix throughly.
- Add the remaining flour and salt.
- Knead until you obtain a smooth but strong dough.
- Divide the dough into two parts and put them in lightly oiled bowls, and let rest for 30 minutes.
- stretched in a floured board, cover with topings of your choice and bake at 250 ° C for 15 to 20 minutes.
This recipe does not require the rising capabilities of sourdough, it just uses the taste of the starter. Make pizza night healthier with this traditional sourdough pizza crust. After resting, roll out the dough on your Silpat or baking stone. I then transfer the Silpat with the dough onto the baking sheet. I am looking for a pizza recipe, preferably sourdough.