Thin crust pizza dough. Reviews for: Photos of Thin-Crust Pizza Dough. I make pizza at home at least once a week, so you can be sure this recipe comes to you after years of very meticulous kitchen testing! It really is that fast and easy, which is why we believe this is the very best thin-crust pizza dough for a home cook on a weeknight.
Stretching pizza dough isn't hard, but does This thin crust pizza dough recipe requires very few ingredients, so it's important that you use exactly what we've listed in the recipe card below. Place each half on a pizza pan and pat it with your fingers until it stretches over the whole pan. Try to make it thicker around the edge. You can cook Thin crust pizza dough using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thin crust pizza dough
- It's 4 1/2 cups of unbleached bread flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coarse cornmeal.
- You need 1 tablespoon of yeast.
- It's 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic.
- It's 12 ounces of bottled water.
- It's 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 1/4 cup of whole milk.
Then spread with pizza sauce and use the toppings of your choice. It didn't quite ball up like I wanted to, but it worked really well. After experimenting with many different pizza dough recipes for thin crust pizza, I came up with the following pizza dough recipe. It is very easy to make and will produce a beautiful flaky crust that is crisp on the bottom.
Thin crust pizza dough instructions
- Using a stand mixer, pour in wet ingredients at room temperature. And then add the dry with the yeast not touching the salt. Start mixing at speed one..
- Mix at speed 2 to 3 until mixed and you can form a windowpane..
- Scale into 4 equal parts and place in oiled containers..
- Cover and let proof until doubled in size..
- Lightly sprinkle pan with cornmeal and place dough on pan, forming to full size once on the pan..
- Top and bake in a preheated oven at 450°F for 14 to 20 minutes depending upon your pan, oven, and topping..
My family love this pizza crust, and this is our go-to recipe. It's healthier and less expensive than delivery and taste so much better. Use immediately or securely wrap and freeze for later use. Freeze option:Wrap each portion of dough in plastic wrap and place in resealable. Cold rise, thin crust, crispy, perfect pizza.